Saturday, May 23, 2009

What is Hypnosis?

When you ask someone what hypnosis is, you might get a wide variety of responses.

Some people might think of what they've seen on TV or in the movies, of swinging watches and people staring into space saying "Yes Master". One of my first enocounters with hypnosis was an episode of Scooby Doo I saw as a kid, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Other people think of a stage show, with people clucking like chickens and forgetting the number four.

You might run into someone who has done some research who throws out terms like 'state theory' or likens it to 'being in the zone'.

But what better way is there to learn more about something than through experience? I have set out to do just that over the last four years, and I'll share some of the experiences I've had along the way with you here.

No comments: